How do I get a library card?
Visit our library and show acceptable identification that includes your name and current address. Library cards are free if you live or pay property or business taxes in the City of Selkirk or the RM of St. Andrews.
Non-residents can obtain membership cards for $55.00 annually for a family. Some Manitoba rural municipalities may reimburse all or some of this fee. Please check with your municipality office.
Parents or guardians of children and young adults 17 years and under must sign their children’s library membership application.
Do I need a library card to use the Internet?
No, all we need is your name. And remember, the computers are on a first come first serve basis.
- Take care of your card. Don’t let others use it.
- Take care of library material. Return items in good condition for use by the next person.
- Return your materials on time.
- Let us know if your name, address, phone number or email address changes.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately. If you are concerned your number is being used by someone else, we can change your library number at any time.
The library cardholder agrees to be responsible for all materials borrowed and to abide by the rules and regulations of the Selkirk & St. Andrews Regional Library. If the cardholder is under 18, the parent or guardian is responsible for all materials borrowed. The Library’s collections are a valuable resource purchased with tax dollars. Please take care of your library materials and return items in good condition and on time for use by the next person.