There are a variety of research tools you
can use on the internet to find what you are looking for. These next
few examples are most importantly credible reliable sources you can use
for any purpose.
Ebscohost is an online research database
which can search thousands of e-journals containing millions of
articles. Our library has a subscription and can be used by our patrons.
Here is a list of functions Ebscohost provides:
- Find a specific journal quickly by using the Find Journals feature.
- Browse through a list of all journals available with the Browse feature.
- Browse a list of subject categories ,
then view a list of all journals that fall in a category of interest.
This allows you to easily find journals that cover specific topics.
- Find specific articles quickly using the Find Articles feature. Search by article title or by the author's name.
- Find articles that cover a specific topic by searching for keywords in the titles, abstracts, and even full text of millions of articles.
- Read article abstracts and link directly to full text of the articles you find.
- Create your own personal storage area on EJS and fill it with links to journals, issues, or articles that you want to come back to later.
- Set up searches to run automatically and send you e-mail whenever new articles that match your criteria are added to EJS.
To access ebscohost click
If the link did not work, go to http://search.ebscohost.com/
Ask our library staff for the user name and password.
Google Scholar beta
"Google Scholar enables you to search
specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers,
theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all
broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a
wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint
repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available
across the web."
To use Google Scholar click here.
For more information on Google Scholar click here.
Need to find a location in north america?
Google maps can help. A new amazing tool that will help you find what
you're looking for and even show yo how to get there.
To use google maps click here.
Or check out Google's new "Google Earth"
A 3D representation of the world that works much like Gogle Maps but is
much cooler. You will need a computer that has a 3D card, but Google
will help you see if you do.
While having a great selection of titles
in our Children's Non-fiction section, we also have a large children's
reference section as well. These materials cannot be taken out because
we want them to be available to everyone. Some of our collections
- Compton's encyclopedia
- The New book of knowledge
- People and places
- Encyclopedia of earth and physical sciences
- Young Scientist
- World books Biographical Encyclopedia of Scientists
- Dinosaurs of the World
- Illustrated Encyclopedia of Wildlife
Kids Homework Help
This is a section of our web site that has great links for kids to use when researching for school projects. To visit click here.